Women of the Bible from A to Z series
“...you share the faith that first filled your grandmother Lois and your mother, Eunice. And I know that same faith continues strong in you.”
My most cherished heirlooms are those of my Christian heritage. Timothy received such a legacy from his mother, Eunice, and his grandmother Lois. These devoted women passed their love of God down to him.
“You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood...”
Throughout Timothy’s life, I’m sure Eunice taught her son at every opportunity to love the Lord (Deuteronomy 6:5-9). The lessons probably included the stories of God’s Faithfulness from generation to generation (Psalm 78:4-8).
Eunice means happy or good victory…victorious…and what a happy victory it must have been to her heart when the great evangelist Paul recognized her son’s godly upbringing. The Apostle Paul met Timothy on his trip to Derbe and Lystra (Acts 16:1) and he described the young disciple as “His mother was Jewish and a believer, but his father was a Greek.”
As a mother of two sons myself, my greatest victory were the days of hearing our boys confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Now as a grandmother I relate to Lois and desire the happy victory of watching my son pass down our family’s Christian legacy to his son.
Let Eunice (and Lois) be our example of raising children victoriously to love the Lord with all their heart.
While you're here:
- Check the What’s Up page for the latest goings on with my writing (1st of month)
- Read an excerpt from my Fiction W.I.P. (15th of month)
- Sign up from the side bar to be a
- Fellow Sojourner (aka Join this Site)
- Facebook follower (aka Join me on Facebook)
- Or receive Email notifications (aka Follow LOL4J)
- Mark the Reaction box(s) below you each blog
- Better yet, Leave a Comment; I love hearing from you