A Prayer for Healing
To preserve our blessed land we must look to God... It is time to realize that we need God more than He needs us... We also have His promise that we could take to heart with regard to our country, that "If my people, which are called by my name shall humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land."
Let us, young and old, join together, as did the First Continental Congress, in the first step, in humble heartfelt prayer. Let us do so for the love of God and His great goodness, in search of His guidance and the grace of repentance, in seeking His blessings, His peace, and the resting of His kind and holy hands on ourselves, our nation, our friends in the defense of freedom, and all mankind, now and always.
The time has come to turn to God and reassert our trust in Him for the healing of America... Our country is in need of and ready for a spiritual renewal. Today, we utter no prayer more fervently than the ancient prayer for peace on Earth.
If I had a prayer for you today, among those that have all been uttered, it is that one we're so familiar with: "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace...." And God bless you all.
Ronald Reagan--From a speech to the American people, February 6, 1986
(Scriptures referenced: 2 Chronicles 7:14 and Numbers 6:24-26)
Pray for Godly sorrow over personal and corporate sin. When that sadness becomes repentance, ask the Lord to help you to turn towards Him and away from evil. (2 Corinthians 7:10)
Pray for God to remind you of days when you walked closest to Him. Ask God to help us repent of lukewarm faith, and pray for a new love and zeal for Jesus. (Revelation 2:5)
Pray for God's wisdom, knowledge, and understanding as you prepare to VOTE. (Proverbs 8:1-8)
- Ask yourself: “What do I want from my elected officials?”
- Be certain you are properly registered to vote (city, county, district, state)
- Check the location for casting your vote
- Do your homework on the issues and the candidates—don’t simply vote party lines, watch the debates with an open mind to hear what they say and please, be versatile in your resources
- Exercise your freedom to VOTE—the freedom made possible by those who fought, shed blood, gave up their fortunes, and even died to give us this privilege.